Wing Chun Sparring: Is Sparring in Kickboxing Style with Big Gloves Helpful or Unhelpful?

Isaiah R. Harris asked me whether I had any video of me sparring in gloves to share and I replied him no. I feel that my reply is important to mainstream Wing Chun practitioners, so I'm posting it here.

"I don't. In fact, big gloves sparring isn't compatible with ancient arts because ancient arts don't have kickboxing posture whereby the arms are in a retracted position. And if you put on such gloves while doing a Bai Jeong, the weight of the gloves will affect your ability to do Wing Chun techniques. You guys are training mindlessly without a scientific mindset."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unraveling the Problems of the Mainstream Wing Chun Punch: Smart Research Insights and Criticisms

Exposing the Flaws: Smart Research Unveils Mainstream Wing Chun Missteps

Chi Sao Should Resemble the Hard Style Technique of Bridging Arms